A little about me, Dean Jones.
What’s to tell? I’m a bit cheeky and like nothing more than having fun. I like taking pictures of people when they are having fun too and where better than a wedding. Happy is my favourite emotion and I like to capture as much happiness from your wedding day as possible.
My style of photography means that you get to enjoy your day without the need for constant photo shoots. Portrait sessions are relaxed, natural and about you, not a camera. I do take some group photos but I would rather provide you with pictures that are natural and show the story of your day.
In my spare time, I like sports of all kinds, mainly contact sport. Keeping fit and healthy is a must in this job with all of the running around I have to do.
I have two dogs, Hugo, a Labradoodle and Honey a dog of some sort. Walking these two is another of my favourite things to do.
I have two beautiful daughters. The eldest got married recently so I was on the other side of the camera for a change. It was a strange not taking the photos at a wedding but what an amazing day it was.
To relax I do the usual, listen to music, watch films or sleep, sometimes all three at the same time too.
One more thing about me, I don’t like my picture being taken either, you can probably tell this in the image below.
My approach to your wedding day
I will provide you with images that are not stuffy and boring but a true reflection of your day. Your gallery will show you the great times you remember and the little moments you didn’t realise had happened. I look and listen throughout your day, searching for the moments that make a wedding great. My style won’t dictate your day or over pose you but it will keep it real and allow you to enjoy the moment. Your photographs will stir emotions so that you not only see how you looked but you will also see how you were feeling too.
- Do we get a USB? – I made the decision a couple of years ago to switch to downloadable galleries. I wanted for my clients to be able to share their galleries with family and friends immediately after receiving their wedding photographs. Now, at the click of a button, family and friends from around the world can see your wedding day as soon as you like.
- Do you supply albums? – Albums are available to add to your package and are highly recommended.
- Have you ever shot a wedding at our venue before? – I kind of get why you ask but honestly, it isn’t a must. My photography is about your day and every wedding is different. I cover weddings all over the UK and beyond with never having visited the venues before, the pics are still awesome!
Things you do get with me as your photographer
- Images full of energy that tell the story of your day.
- Awesome portraits that are the real you.
- A photographer that loves being around people.
- A new friend
Things you won’t get with me as your photographer
- Cheese……I don’t do cheese !
Camera gear I use (I get asked by a lot of photographers)
- Sony A7iii’s x 2
- Sony 50mm 1.2 GM
- 85mm 1.8 Zeiss Batis
- 35mm 1.4 Sony GM
- 16-35MM F4 Zeiss
- Godox AD200’s x 2
- Godox V860ii x 2
- Magmod Gels etc
- Holdfast gear
- Manfrotto light stands
Enough about me, click the Contact tab and tell me about you.